Wow, wow , wow. This community and your crafts is one of the best things i saw in long time. I am 27 years old, doing quite much of crafting ( woodworking, sewing...), but i never saw something so amazing than papercrafting here.
So please answer me some of my questions for me to see, if i have new, most awesome hobby.
1. Lets say that you are master of papercraft. So if this would be true, could you make model of Your House ( place where you live ), also whit colors (print).
2. If you master this craft, you can basicly make almost any type of real life model ex. Big Ban (London) ?
3. Do you guys also make your own design of Prints (so everything is customized aka. made by you ) or you just download design, print it and build it as it is.
4. What is difference between modeling with paper, or cardboard ? In sense of, when do you decide if you will build something with cardboard OR paper ?
Thank you so much, again, amazing stuff going on here
1. It depends on whether you are good at drafting or photography. But many folks make models of their own houses. 2. Big Ben has been done so often, most designers wouldn't choose it for a topic. Keep in mind that prior to about ten years ago, most architectural models were done physically in card. 3. Both. Most designers also build designs done by others. 4. When we say cardboard, generally we are talking card stock. Most work is done in cardstock of various weight and thickness
There are no strangers in this world,only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet!
To make my answer shorter, I'll just append to the Vermin King 's answer:
4. For small, fiddly parts, which will be bent and twisted, we use thin paper. For big, flat parts, we use thick, strong cardstock (the poorer of us use breakfast cereal packaging) or business cards. For parts which fall inbetween, it depends on the circumstances.
The cardboard, as in the ribbed kind, people sometimes use it for model of building ruins for wargaming, those projects are often handpainted later.
Post by cowboyleland on Jan 7, 2018 17:15:15 GMT -9
In that case; Welcome aboard anze! I hope you will share what you are working on and create. I also enjoy woodworking and making of all kinds. I really do need to get a working sewing machine and learn how to use it.
On the other hand, maybe it's the herd that is crazy.
Hehe, thanks for welcome. Yes i will post my works, i am just working on model of my home house. This will be my first paper craft project. Than i will work on other real life models in my city and gameing models of my favorite games. I think i will start with my all time favorite Enemy Territory. Also diablo and other oldschoolers.
cowboyleland: Putting on my pedantic hat: some of you are mis-using the term "begs the question." Some day I will make myself a paper pedantic hat.
Nov 14, 2019 6:02:10 GMT -9
Vermin King: I wouldn't hold my breath. He used to be very active on a French forum, so I asked him if he was going to be back there. no response yet
Nov 13, 2019 9:04:45 GMT -9
squirmydad: Crap. I hope he's able to recover and republish his work.
Nov 13, 2019 8:57:48 GMT -9
Vermin King: I sent Mauther an email. My guess is that it will be inaccessible while he is migrating things over to Blogger
Nov 13, 2019 7:45:54 GMT -9
wyvern: Today though, the Papermau blog is no longer accessible unless you have an invitation (and of course you can't get one unless you visit the blog, Catch 22). Anyone got any better news about it?
Nov 13, 2019 6:22:34 GMT -9
wyvern: I know Papermau's blog has been having problems because of virus infections lately - it's fired-up my antivirus system every time I've visited there for some weeks, though he did write and say the problem was resolved a while back (it wasn't).
Nov 13, 2019 6:21:08 GMT -9
Vermin King: I suppose it could have been worse. She could boost someone up in a positive uplifting supportive manner...
Nov 9, 2019 10:25:44 GMT -9
Vermin King: Okay ... double negatives are bad, but how about triple saying the same thing. I just heard someone on TV saying, 'I found we really boosted each other up in an uplifting supportive manner'. And that was probably meaningful to her. duh
Nov 9, 2019 10:11:48 GMT -9
Vermin King: Be careful what secrets you let out of the bag
Nov 5, 2019 12:33:45 GMT -9
oldschooldm: ... SO ... One of my players now has a cutter and has joined the forum. :-) For the first time I have to worry about WIP spoilers. :-) Just kidding! Welcome h0meralm1ghty!
Nov 5, 2019 7:40:19 GMT -9
woosh: I FINISHED THE M722 LRV AND I LOVE IT. will post pics when i get the chance
Nov 4, 2019 1:10:23 GMT -9
Vermin King: Back in my younger days, I tried to get 'Trick or Drink' running. We would go door to door in costume with our Halloween-themed rocks glasses in hand.
Nov 3, 2019 4:39:43 GMT -9
shep: On the other hand, Halloween is not that big for kids, here in Germany, anyways. It's more an excuse for teens and young adults to dress up and have a party... and for the latter ones to get drunk beyond speaking their native tongue...
Nov 3, 2019 1:44:29 GMT -9
shep: "A ninja, a mage, a knight, and a fish enter a tavern..." Wait this is no joke??!? Great costumes! The kids in my neighborhood were, as always, either too shy or too lazy to climb up into the third floor (40 steps, man, 40 steps!)...
Nov 3, 2019 1:42:29 GMT -9
forgedchaos: or to traslate
Nov 2, 2019 13:14:13 GMT -9
squirmydad: Every adventuring party needs a fish to guide them.
Nov 1, 2019 8:14:51 GMT -9
WackyAnne: This year's adventuring party - no sexy witch but fish!
Nov 1, 2019 1:07:18 GMT -9