Wow, wow , wow. This community and your crafts is one of the best things i saw in long time. I am 27 years old, doing quite much of crafting ( woodworking, sewing...), but i never saw something so amazing than papercrafting here.
So please answer me some of my questions for me to see, if i have new, most awesome hobby.
1. Lets say that you are master of papercraft. So if this would be true, could you make model of Your House ( place where you live ), also whit colors (print).
2. If you master this craft, you can basicly make almost any type of real life model ex. Big Ban (London) ?
3. Do you guys also make your own design of Prints (so everything is customized aka. made by you ) or you just download design, print it and build it as it is.
4. What is difference between modeling with paper, or cardboard ? In sense of, when do you decide if you will build something with cardboard OR paper ?
Thank you so much, again, amazing stuff going on here
1. It depends on whether you are good at drafting or photography. But many folks make models of their own houses. 2. Big Ben has been done so often, most designers wouldn't choose it for a topic. Keep in mind that prior to about ten years ago, most architectural models were done physically in card. 3. Both. Most designers also build designs done by others. 4. When we say cardboard, generally we are talking card stock. Most work is done in cardstock of various weight and thickness
There are no strangers in this world,only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet!
To make my answer shorter, I'll just append to the Vermin King 's answer:
4. For small, fiddly parts, which will be bent and twisted, we use thin paper. For big, flat parts, we use thick, strong cardstock (the poorer of us use breakfast cereal packaging) or business cards. For parts which fall inbetween, it depends on the circumstances.
The cardboard, as in the ribbed kind, people sometimes use it for model of building ruins for wargaming, those projects are often handpainted later.
Post by cowboyleland on Jan 7, 2018 17:15:15 GMT -9
In that case; Welcome aboard anze! I hope you will share what you are working on and create. I also enjoy woodworking and making of all kinds. I really do need to get a working sewing machine and learn how to use it.
On the other hand, maybe it's the herd that is crazy.
Hehe, thanks for welcome. Yes i will post my works, i am just working on model of my home house. This will be my first paper craft project. Than i will work on other real life models in my city and gameing models of my favorite games. I think i will start with my all time favorite Enemy Territory. Also diablo and other oldschoolers.
wyvern: surfduke: You should be able to post links to any files or images already on a website somewhere by just adding the URL when you set-up a post using the full "Create Post" Forum post editor (i.e. NOT the "Quick Reply" version).
May 27, 2020 10:20:28 GMT -9
wyvern: I've found Photos loading the first image slowly every time I've switched on the computer in recent times. It's been OK after that, but seems like it can't quite remember how to do it just after it's been woken up...
May 27, 2020 10:17:36 GMT -9
surfduke: Do you want a preview pdf of the Jupiter 2 here? If so how do I post it.
May 27, 2020 0:39:56 GMT -9
Vermin King: That would explain why 'Photos' loaded slower this weekend. It was 'improved'
May 26, 2020 8:07:25 GMT -9
wyvern: It wasn't some fresh Windows "improvement" then... I noticed the icon for the MS image viewer, "Photos", changed a few days back as well. Doesn't seem to have changed the app, as far as I can tell. Yet.
May 26, 2020 4:26:25 GMT -9
lightning: Glad that only a restart was involved. I wouldn't have the energy to much more today :-)
May 26, 2020 3:01:39 GMT -9
Vermin King: I had a scare and a half. Went to open a pdf for the first time today and nothing happened. Checked All Programs and saw that Reader updated on 05/23. Restarting fixed it. Whew
May 25, 2020 10:56:44 GMT -9
Vermin King: His eyes must not be as old as mine
May 21, 2020 11:12:39 GMT -9
cowboyleland: I always thought Tirick was a little mad.
May 21, 2020 7:11:40 GMT -9
Vermin King: Really worn out tonight, so when I'm like that I just look for things I used to have, but don't any more. I got the Zippy models and am rebuilding my Tirick/TCF Gaming folder. How the heck would anyone build his 1/1000 Battletech mechs without enlarging
May 20, 2020 17:12:58 GMT -9
Toman: yea I have been. pretty cool project. I've done a few scratch builds like that but not as large. cutting individual stones or carving stones in foam sucks.
May 19, 2020 16:50:41 GMT -9
Vermin King: Anybody else following Mauther's home-made Playmobile castle build? Looks really good so far
May 18, 2020 18:13:38 GMT -9
cowboyleland: Good point. Maybe make the wing feathers seperately so that the wind could get through them?
May 14, 2020 6:10:23 GMT -9
squirmydad: We had two operators for the hawk though, one to carry the weight and the other to flap the wings.
May 13, 2020 11:02:25 GMT -9
squirmydad: Probably silk and dowels. I assisted in the construction of a giant hawk puppet for an indoor show, probably about the same size as that pegasus.
May 13, 2020 11:01:49 GMT -9
Vermin King: It's got to be really light. The article dealt with parade puppets. I don't think I'd want to be trying to control that in a stiff wind
May 13, 2020 4:21:20 GMT -9
lightning: that's a nice pegasus!
May 13, 2020 4:10:32 GMT -9
shep: Will it fly, if you move the wings fast enough?
May 13, 2020 1:10:51 GMT -9